Lodin

Der Waaaah
Ukas oppdatering? Ukas oppdatering!

Dette er den analoge sensetiviteten til en PS3-gamepad:

Dette er en 360:

Dette er sensitiviteten på kontrollen Ouya først sendte ut:

Dette er kontrollen de sendte ut etterpå:

Lol, det er en digital kontroller. XD

Julie har ikke no chart til oss denne uka for hu er blitt rik som et troll.
You have to love the game business and the beauty of competition. As Nintendo’s fortunes sink in the video game console business, Ouya’s fortunes are rising with its $15 million in venture funding. It is conceivable that the console business could become a four-horse race.

For years, the oligopoly has been ruled by Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. When one of them got too arrogant, it fell of its perch, and another would step forward to grab the throne. But then Apple came into the business with the iPhone and threw that cycle into disarray. Nintendo ruled the roost when the Wii launched in 2006, but Microsoft cut off its motion-sensing advantage with the launch of Kinect in 2010. And, after selling nearly 100 million Wii consoles, Nintendo came back last fall with the Wii U, the high-definition console with a tablet screen to control it. Nintendo appeared supremely confident just before the Wii U launch.

Against the might of Nintendo, Ouya seemed like an ant. Sure, it had raised $8.6 million in crowdfunding on Kickstarter, but to put out a real game console in lots of retail stores takes a huge investment. It had no credibility even with all of the support from indie game developers who didn’t have the cash to make big-budget console games.
Now the scales may be tipping.

Ouya has been lifted by premiere Silicon Valley venture capital firms Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Mayfield Fund. Both are lending their credibility; Kleiner’s Bing Gordon is joining the Ouya board. Their money will let Ouya make more consoles that will seem like a bargain to console fans — at $99 for the hardware and tons of free-to-try Android games.
If Ouya hits its targets, it may be able to raise more money as it needs it. Julie Uhrman, the chief executive of Ouya, told GamesBeat, “What I love about Bing is that he is not constrained by conventional thinking and is a great supporter of game developers.”

We’re not sure what the valuation was, but Ouya just got a lot more expensive as a potential acquisition. Nintendo should have grabbed it while it had the chance. Nintendo, meanwhile, had its window to sell Wii U game consoles during the last six months. It had a shortage of hits, and the big games from top publishers either didn’t materialize or didn’t sell well. Nintendo generated some good digital revenue through the app store on the Wii U platform, but it hasn’t had a huge breakout hit on that front. Now the Wii U is dead in the water. Nintendo sold 3.45 million Wii U consoles as of March 31, and since December, Nintendo sold just 390,000 Wii Us. That’s a horrible start for a new game console, and it must be viewed in this context: Apple sold 56 million iPhones and iPads in one quarter.
As Apple was gathering steam, Nintendo was resting on its laurels and watching the money come in from the Wii.

It squandered a chance to do something about the situation. Somehow, with the design of its new console, Nintendo whiffed, and it is in the process of moving from No. 1 in consoles sold in a generation to No. 3 or maybe even No. 4. Apple is being chased by Google’s Android, and Ouya is riding on that wave, too. Console kingmakers Electronic Arts and Activision Blizzard appear to be pulling the plug on Wii U versions of their games. Activision Blizzard isn’t making a Wii U version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, and EA isn’t making a Wii U version of Battlefield 4.

Gordon said in an interview this week, “My own take on Nintendo is that the Wii was a spectacular head fake.” But Microsoft’s Kinect and its Xbox Live service have staked out the high end of the game business. Sony, by comparison, “is starting to look like the new Sega of the game business,” Gordon said. That means that it may soon exit hardware, as Sega did with the ill-fated Dreamcast.
Nintendo ruled in cartoon-style 2D games made by game masters like Shigeru Miyamoto, but Nintendo is losing fans of cartoon games to the tablets and smartphones, Gordon said.
“Once you have a tablet, there is not much reason to buy a Nintendo,” Gordon said. “What they have left is the Miyamoto exclusive box. If you want his games, then you spend the $300 on whatever Miyamoto makes. But that’s a box for tens of millions, not hundreds of millions.”

The question now is what should Nintendo do to right its ship. The odds are strong that it will have to be something drastic — something as disruptive as the Wii U was. Or something as risky and crazy as buying Ouya. Or one of the many variants of gaming on Android, such as GameStick or Green Throttle Games.

Maybe Nintendo could get rid of hardware and make its software available on all platforms, as EA and Activision are doing. Wherever it goes, it will face competition. And that’s a good thing. It would be nice if Nintendo can find that expanding part of the game market that no one has discovered yet — the blue-ocean strategy that Satoru Iwata, the chief executive of Nintendo, has embraced in the past. In that strategy, it’s best to swim out far into the ocean where no competitors are rather than swim into the red ocean where sharks are feasting and fighting for scraps.
Nintendo will have its chance to be heard at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) trade show in Los Angeles in June. I hope Iwata can figure this out. Otherwise, it will remind me of the words of Kurt Vonnegut from the novel Cat’s Cradle: “Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are ‘it might have been.’”

Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/10/t...pFZwYxmlMKGS.99
Beklager, men jeg klarte ikke lese mer enn:
Nintendo should have grabbed it while it had the chance.

Lodin

Der Waaaah
Ukas oppdatering kommer tidlig og det er:

Jeg fårke låv til å ta bilder av alle de titusen driterne vi shipper ut! Akkurat nå!

Vi shipper dem ut!

Lodin

Der Waaaah
Ny update fordi (O)yeh. Var du en backer fra Brazil koster ikke konsollen hundre dollars. Der borte overkostes alt med sinnsyke priser og skatter så for å få en inn i landet uten å smugle den må du ut med over 300 dollars!
Yea, saw some people in this subreddit complaining they had to pay about $10 in tax. Omg, so expensive :p Guess I win the highest tax contest. The actual import tax was around $80 as I expected. What I didn't expect was the additional R$50 "administrative tax" (wtf is that?) and R$90 state tax (São Paulo, your state my be cheaper). I ordered just the standard OUYA + international shipping ($120 total), so yours might be more expensive.
Also, the power plug doesn't have that weird brazilian standard, so you'll need to buy an adaptor :S
Well, now I'll plug it on for the first time. See ya ^ ^
Pakkene de har sendt ut er naturlig nok prisa til 0,01 cent i verdi og merka som gift og det hjelper jo omtrent nada. Alle maskinene som ble sendt til Australia ble sendt i retur fordi tollmyndighetene fatta misstanken siden de ble sendt ut i ett. Vi får håpe folk her til lands må ut med tilsvarende.

Sånn ellers da? Om du vil oppdatere spillet ditt kan du ikke bare gjøre det. Du må slette det og laste det ned på nytt. Du mister såklart alle saver og sånt, men du lever i vissheten om at du bekjemper de tre store.

Jo også gjør ikke USB-porten på maskina no mer enn å lade ting. De jobber med den biten. Om utviklere vil kan de hacke ting så den faktisk støtter noe.

Yetipants

Mein Gampf
Medlem av ledelsen
Umulig å ta Ouya seriøst når jeg ikke en gang kan bruke den til å se TV på TV-en min.

Lodin

Der Waaaah
Men det kan du såklart. Du må bare sideloade Hulu eller lignende aplikasjoner. Det funker ikke særlig bra akkurat som XBMC, men det funker.

Når vi først er her. Dette er The Secret of Universe Alpha. Det er en twin stick shooter med Zelda-questing!

Det ser ut som ræv.
Fyren som laga det hadde en stødig jobb hos et firma viss største jobb var å utvikle Harry Potter til bærbare konsoller for EA. Han slutta i den jobben, tok ut et lån på 20.000 dollars og så mot framtiden.
Han har hatt noen tusen nedlastinger og ti salg. Spillet koster fem dollar. OUYA selv tar 150 dollar av fortjenesten før de betaler ut no.

OUYA!

E: Noen har lasta opp et spill som heter Airplane. Alt det gjør er å aktivere airplane mode i Android så kontrollen skrur seg av siden den er bluetooth. :rolleyes:

Lodin

Der Waaaah
Dobbelpost fordi de banna kisen som laga Airplane. Riktignok må han lage en konto med et annet navn på de ofisielle forumet, men han bare smæla opp Airplane på nytt i sjappa og det gikk gjennom. :psyduck:

CockMcBalls

El Sabor Professional
Er det meningen at man skal kunne gå inn i hvilken som helst f.eks Best Buy i statene og plukke opp en Ouya ila. sommeren? For da må jeg ha en for å trolle Lodin.

Lodin

Der Waaaah
Fra Reddit:
Walked out of the living room to use the restroom, finished came back in and heard my cell phone alert me to e-mail, only to see my son had clicked on the $99.99 16 hours of cheat time on EMUya - 3 times. I've contacted OUYA as well as EMUya's dev for help. Don't leave this thing anywhere someone could possibly grab it even for a few seconds. I'll report back what happens. At this point I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make the rest of my bills this month.

*EDIT - AMAZING DEV REPLIES - : Mother of God - This developer is awesome. Here it is the weekend and I received the following response in no time flat: Jon @ - Oriku - EMUya team 6:48 PM (1 minute ago) to me " Oh lord! We can't do anything unfortunately
Ouya doesn't provide us with the ability to do refunds. If Ouya doesn't get back to you, let me know. I'll gladly send you a check for the money as soon as it hits our bank account - no problem. I'll send them an email about it as well. Perhaps one of us can get through. "
**2nd Edit - Super Amazing Dev strikes again - says they plan on updating app to rid of that model -
Jon Olick 6:54 PM (1 minute ago)
to me No problem. We are actually waiting on Ouya to approve an update to EMUya which replaces that payment model. We are changing it to a $5.99 unlimited unlock. The whole pay-by-the minute thing was pretty nuts

ME - mind blown by this awesome DEV.
EMUya er da NES emulatoren. Juksemodusen som koster 99 dollars lar en "spole" spillet bakover om man driter seg ut. :psyduck:

I andre nyheter viser det seg at ouya faktisk er et ord. Det er slang for fitte på swahili.

Lodin

Der Waaaah
YESSS YESSS YESSSS! :yoshi:

E: MrSpiffy hos SA:
For the last few years, E3 for me has been a slow steady decline of fun. Each year, there's more and more meetings I have to go to, coupled with what I feel is a stagnation of the kinds of games that are being made. Basically it's three days of non-stop meetings, rushing from hall to hall, and yelling over blaring audio systems to be heard.

But this year - this year is different. This year, I have Ouya.

The Ouya parking lot extravaganza happens to be the same parking lot for the downtown LA Hooters (which explains why they took that picture). I had some time early today to swing by before the main show started. The parking lot had the bright orange shipping container setup on one end, and a bunch of white pop up tents at the other. In the morning, there was a bunch of people putting those together, while a random assortment of onlooks milled about in the main area.

They had two TV's with Ouyas on the side of the container, and three inside the shade. Unfortunately, they didn't take into account the effect that glaring sun has on LCD screens - I stood by while one lady bemoaned the fact that the game she was trying was basically "unplayable" right now (it sounded like it might have been her game)

"It's the fact that we're basically outside," she said to her companion, "and the screen doesn't have any anti-glare on it. But the demo should be playable today. It's just that... you won't be able to see it."

As I was leaving I heard a snippet from the greeter as he called after someone else, somewhat indignantly that "a lot of work went into this!"

Later in the day, I was walking back towards the convention center when I was approached by a gaggle of Ouya t-shirt donning street team postcard hander-outers. The girl in the middle offered me a postcard, and asking if I "wanted free beer." I politely declined, but I feel like you could get a big crowd just about anywhere if your street team is going around offering free alcohol.

Finally, I'm really confused by this whole parked semi-truck thing. This is an image someone posted of where the truck is:

Based on where this is parked.... there's no line of sight being blocked from the corner where the convention center is. Like, at all.

The fact that 8 pages of discussion on the Ouya forums and the tweet by the Ouya account seem to attribute this to malice by the evil ESA is sheer insanity, especially when odds are it's just a truck driver just trying to do his job and park a damned truck somewhere. The fact that Ouya themselves and their supporters seriously believe the people who run E3 give two shits about what they do across the street speaks to a deeply ingrained persecution complex rooted in the need to justify their purchase to themselves.

E: Ahahahahahhhh