(TTRPG) Blades in the dark Spillegal edition

ganon

The Boshy
Hoy!

@Yetipants har ymtet et ønske om å prøve ut Blades in the dark på discorden og etter å ha lest igjennom reglene og sett noen let`s play videoer er jeg også temmelig interessert, og under skal jeg prøve å formidle hvorfor, og få samlet litt info om spillet.

Hjemmsiden: https://bladesinthedark.com/

Men først en video som strengt tatt sier alt du trenger å vite og som burde informere deg om dette er for deg eller ikke:

Bitd er et RPG satt i en Lovecraftish verden satt 150 år tilbake i tid teknologimessig hvor solen forsvant i en katastrofe for lenge siden og spøkelser er en veldig reell trussel. Spillet foregår hovedsaklig i byen Doskvol hvor spillerne tar på seg rollene i nyetablert kriminell gjeng med mål å karre seg oppover rangstigen i underverdenens hierarki.

Måten man karrer seg oppover denne rangstigen er ved å utføre brekk i sann Ocean eleven stil. Vi får en jobb, la oss si vi skal stjele et maleri fra en beryktet korrupt politioverbetjent.

OK. Vi har et mål, og har følgende gjennomføringsmuligheter:
  • Assault— Do violence to a target. Detail: The point of attack.
  • Deception— Lure, trick, or manipulate. Detail: The method of deception.
  • Stealth— Trespass unseen. Detail: The point of infiltration.
  • Occult— Engage a supernatural power. Detail: The arcane method.
  • Social— Negotiate, bargain, or persuade. Detail: The social connection.
  • Transport— Carry cargo or people through danger. Detail: The route and means.
Hmm, dette er en person som kan gjøre livet surt for gjengen vår så kanskje gå for stealth eller deception.

NB! Det er sterke mekanismer mot å være murder hobo i dette spillet, så nei, man kan ikke snikdrepe alt og alle. Karakteren din vil da ende opp i fengsel etterhvert og du må rulle ut en ny.

Spillerne ender opp med å velge stealth.

GM skal nå se hvor bra utgangspunkt vi får ved å kaste terninger basert på hvor vanskelig jobben er:

Engagement Roll
  • 1d for sheer luck.
  • +1d for each Major Advantage.
  • -1d for each Major Disadvantage.
  • Critical: Exceptional result. You’ve already overcome the first obstacle and you’re in a controlled position for what’s next.
  • 6: Good result. You’re in a controlled position when the action starts.
  • 4/5: Mixed result. You’re in a risky position when the action starts.
  • 1-3: Bad result. You’re in a desperate position when the action starts.

GM ruller 3.

GM: Den første karakteren som klatrer over muren til eiendommen sanubler og lander på halen til vaktbikkja!

Spilleren: Stans, flashback!

NB! Flashback er mekanismen som gjør Bitd til noe særegent, og lar spillerne virkelig briljere. Tiden stopper og spilleren forteller en historie om hvordan de hadde forberedt seg på akkurat denne situasjonen. Jo mer plausibelt spilleren klarer å forklare forberedelsene jo mindre stress blir karakteren påført. La oss se hvordan spilleren kommer seg ut av denne knipen.

Spilleren: Tidligere i dag fikk jeg min gode venn slakteren til å kaste et kjøttstykke jeg hadde glasert med sovepulver over gjerdet mot hundehuset mens han var på vei til jobb.

GM: ahh, ikke komplisert og en naturlig forberedelse for denne, du blir ikke påført noe stress.

Slik fortsetter brekket til gjengen har kommet seg unna. Kanskje de kommer til et låst vindu og noen gjør et flashback og forklarer at de har en affære med stuepiken som holdt vinduet ulåst for dem, eller at de selv spanet ut lokasjonen på forhånd og vet hvor de burde komme seg inn i huset.

Under er en kort innføring i Bitd gameplay systemet fra hjemmesiden:

The Core System

Judgment calls
When you play, you’ll make several key judgment calls. Everyone contributes, but either the players or the GM gets final say for each:
  • Which actions are reasonable as a solution to a problem? Can this person be swayed? Must we get out the tools and tinker with this old rusty lock, or could it also be quietly finessed? The players have final say.
  • How dangerous and how effective is a given action in this circumstance? How risky is this? Can this person be swayed very little or a whole lot? The GM has final say.
  • Which consequences are inflicted to manifest the dangers in a given circumstance? Does this fall from the roof break your leg? Do the constables merely become suspicious or do they already have you trapped? The GM has final say.
  • Does this situation call for a dice roll, and which one? Is your character in position to make an action roll or must they first make a resistance roll to gain initiative? The GM has final say.
  • Which events in the story match the experience triggers for character and crew advancement? Did you express your character’s beliefs, drives, heritage, or background? You tell us. The players have final say.
Rolling the Dice
Blades in the Dark uses six-sided dice. You roll several at once and read the single highest result.
  • If the highest die is a 6, it’s a full success—things go well. If you roll more than one 6, it’s a critical success—you gain some additional advantage.
  • If the highest die is a 4 or 5, that’s a partial success—you do what you were trying to do, but there are consequences: trouble, harm, reduced effect, etc.
  • If the highest die is 1-3, it’s a bad outcome. Things go poorly. You probably don’t achieve your goal and you suffer complications, too.
If you ever need to roll but you have zero (or negative) dice, roll two dice and take the single lowest result. You can’t roll a critical when you have zero dice.​
All the dice systems in the game are expressions of this basic format. When you’re first learning the game, you can always “collapse” back down to a simple roll to judge how things go. Look up the exact rule later when you have time.
To create a dice pool for a roll, you’ll use a trait (like your Finesse or your Prowess or your crew’s Tier) and take dice equal to its rating. You’ll usually end up with one to four dice. Even one die is pretty good in this game—a 50% chance of success. The most common traits you’ll use are the action ratings of the player characters. A player might roll dice for their Skirmish action rating when they fight an enemy, for example.
There are four types of rolls that you’ll use most often in the game:
  • Action roll. When a PC attempts an action that’s dangerous or troublesome, you make an action roll to find out how it goes. Action rolls and their effects and consequences drive most of the game.
  • Downtime roll. When the PCs are at their leisure after a job, they can perform downtime activities in relative safety. You make downtime rolls to see how much they get done.
  • Fortune roll. The GM can make a fortune roll to disclaim decision making and leave something up to chance. How loyal is an NPC? How much does the plague spread? How much evidence is burned before the constables kick in the door?
  • Resistance roll. A player can make a resistance roll when their character suffers a consequence they don’t like. The roll tells us how much stress their character suffers to reduce the severity of a consequence. When you resist that “Broken Leg” harm, you take some stress and now it’s only a “Sprained Ankle” instead.
The Game Structure
Blades in the Dark has a structure to play, with four parts. By default, the game is in free play—characters talk to each other, they go places, they do things, they make rolls as needed.
When the group is ready, they choose a target for their next operation, then choose a type of plan to employ. This triggers the engagement roll (which establishes the situation as the operation starts) and then the game shifts into the score phase.
During the score, the PCs engage the target—they make rolls, overcome obstacles, call for flashbacks, and complete the operation (successfully or not). When the score is finished, the game shifts into the downtime phase.
During the downtime phase, the GM engages the systems for payoff, heat, and entanglements, to determine all the fallout from the score. Then the PCs each get their downtime activities, such as indulging their vice to remove stress or working on a long-term project. When all the downtime activities are complete, the game returns to free play and the cycle starts over again.
The phases are a conceptual model to help you organize the game. They’re not meant to be rigid structures that restrict your options (this is why they’re presented as amorphous blobs of ink without hard edges). Think of the phases as a menu of options to fit whatever it is you’re trying to accomplish in play. Each phase suits a different goal.

Det finnes også systemer for å spille dette over nettet via roll20.net eller det kommende multiverse spillet som gjør hele opplevelsen til en SNES aktig affære.

Mens denne traileren, og den tilgjengelige demoen som jeg har gått rundt i, ser virkelig tøff ut, så er jeg litt redd for at denne kommentaren til videoen kan ha mye for seg:

"While it looks brilliantly made with lots of detail and the interactivity looks great if it were a video game, as a Blades GM I feel this would rather limit what I could bring into the world/setting, without spending a ridiculous amount of time editing the detailed maps.
Also, say you wanted to have another faction corner the gang just as they're running away from a score, it's not clear as the GM how you would add that in.

I think most of all, any kind of interface through which players interact with a TTRPG world will implicitly restrict what the players feel is possible, because people will feel limited to what can be seen/done on screen - what inputs are possible, what can be shown, etc.
Again, I appreciate how much work has gone into this, it looks like it gets the aesthetics and vibe of Doskvol spot on, it's a beautifully made interface, but it very much feels like using it would turn Blades into any other 16-bit video game (with all the limitations they bring) and ruin that which makes TTRPGs so fun and unique to play - the imagination..."

Det kommer forhåpentligvis noen skikkelig kule scenarioer, men må si at jeg er skeptisk til mengden jobb som må til for å holde en kampanje på denne måten.

Yetipants kan kanskje klarifisere hvordan han tenker å gjennomføre hvis vi blir et par stykker som er interessert. Jeg er med på både å få det til over nett eller møtes et sted for å trille terninger.

Yetipants

Mein Gampf
Medlem av ledelsen
Jeg tenkte bare å kjøre via Discord-videochat.