Resident Evil 4

Kilik

Lokal moderator
Da fikk jeg faktisk lastet ned demoen Resident Evil 4 Trial Edition (er vel ikke ulovlig å laste ned en demo?) og fikk streamet via PC'en.

Og det ser ut som det lever opp til forventningene. Grafikken er (bortsett fra enkelte grumsete textures) meget pen. På høyde med de flotteste konsollspillene fra denne generasjonen. Den nye "én-meter-bak-høyre-skulder"-kameravinkelen fungerer godt og øker intensiteten og spenningen fra de statiske kameravinklene serien tidligere er kjent for. Kontrollen er også langt bedre, men fortsatt temmelig begrensede bevegelsesmuligheter. Dette sammen med at man fortsatt ikke kan styre kameraet skikkelig gjør at styringen føles noe klaustrofobisk. Men det er vel kanskje det som er meningen? Uansett, dette lover veldig bra. Atmosfæren var upåklagelig. Ser fram til 11.januar.

Kilik

Lokal moderator
Nei, spillene lastes ned på PC'en, men streames over nettverk til GameCube'en via en "hack" i spillet Phantasy Star Online. Dette fungerer nå meget bra med de aller fleste spill.

Man har i tillegg til å kjøre vanlige GC-spill. mulighet til å kjøre emulatorer og hjemmelagde spill/programmer (homebrew) på konsollen, samt ta backup av originale GC-spill til PC'en.

Kort sagt trenger man:

1.PC med nettverkskort
2.Bredbåndsadapter til GC
3.Spillet Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (originalt)
4.Nettverkskabel mellom PC og GC

Dette gjør nok at bruken begrenser seg til et fåtall, men fordelen er selvsagt at man ikke på noen måte modifiserer selve GC-maskinen så garantien er fortsatt i behold.

Forøvrig har det for noen dager siden kommet en modchip til GC som lar deg brenne spill (på Mini-DVD'er) med en vanlig DVD-brenner.

Mer om Resident Evil 4

17 December 2004 – Prepare for the scare of your life as Capcom's survival horror Resident Evil 4 launches on 18th March 2005, only on Nintendo GameCube. This latest incarnation will join 14 previous Resident Evil titles, which have so far sold over 25 million copies world-wide.

Heralded as the creator of the survival horror genre, Resident Evil 4 takes things a step further by not only revolutionising the series, but by re-inventing the action game genre. Taking place years after the T-virus outbreak, the storyline and gameplay structure have dramatically changed to allow more emphasis on action. Players move through the game as Special Agent Leon S. Kennedy who is on a top secret mission. His investigation into the abduction of the President's daughter has led him to a mysterious location in Europe. As Leon encounters all new unimaginable horrors, he must find out who or what is behind this new nightmare.

The atmosphere has been greatly enhanced in Resident Evil 4 thanks to a new control method and intuitive camera. Gone are the signature fixed camera positions that gamers will be familiar with. Now the camera follows closely behind the player, allowing for more intuitive movement and shooting, which is enhanced with the newly added aim and shoot mechanic.

Certain moves are now only a single button press away thanks to the innovative action button. Players will be able to perform a selection of actions including kick, jump, dodge or even swim by pressing a certain button quickly after being prompted to do so on screen. This adds to the adrenalin-fuelled excitement of the game, keeping players on the edge of their seats.

The menacing enemies we are all familiar with have been replaced with a new darker breed of evil. Enhanced enemy AI (Artificial Intelligence) means that the enemies are faster, smarter and more dangerous than ever before. Instead of automatically appearing at a certain point, creatures will now stalk you, waiting until you are at your most vulnerable to attack. The new camera mode adds to the excitement as you can no longer see what is creeping up behind you until it is too late.

Things become even more creepy and atmospheric as you progress deeper into the game. The breathtaking graphics and effects give the game a deeper sense of realism than ever seen before on any home console. Coupled with chilling sound effects and creepy background music, Resident Evil 4 will reduce you to a quivering bundle of nerves in no time at all.

Get ready to turn down the lights, crank up the surround sound and immerse yourself in 2005's most atmospheric game yet. You are in for a frighteningly good time!

Resident Evil 4 will launch on the Nintendo GameCube in the UK on 18th March 2005 at the estimated retail price of around £40. Nintendo of Europe will distribute this game in Europe and Capcom is the Publisher.

Resident Evil 4, Star Fox Assault, Mario Power Tennis, the possibility of the new Zelda... could 2005 be the best year for the Cube? Only time will tell, we approached a zombie for comment, and he had the following to say:

"Rrrrrrrr."

" Prepare for the scare of your life as Capcom's survival horror Resident Evil 4 launches on 18th March 2005"

Tror faktisk at jeg skaffer meg spillet i Januar, jeg. 11. Jan. er datoen, folkens. Løp og kjøp!

IGN's Matt Casamassina fikk tilsendt den ferdige versjonen av Resident Evil 4 rett før jul. Han har lagt ut nye impressions på IGN's forum, og det ser faktisk ut at det har skjedd en del forbedringer fra demoen.

Opprinnelig skrevet av Matt C
So far, pretty damned awesome, and further polished. A good chunk of new cut-scenes and dialogue in the final build. Also, some welcomed fixes. For instance, our hero can now wield the knife at any point with the L button. Doesn't matter if you have the gun equipped. Just hold L and he brings up his knife. Such a huge improvement over the previous process, which demanded that you cycle back and forth between an inventory screen to equip the blade just so you could smash open some crates. Also, the camera stick now enables you to free look left and right in addition to up and down. Excellent stuff.

Game is freakin' gorgeous on my widescreen plasma. It runs in progressive and Dolby Pro Logic II. I use my zoom function to eliminate the letterboxing -- you should all know by now that there's no true anamorphic widescreen mode, but this alternative seems to work well and despite my skepticism it looks great. No major loss in detail with the zoom.

I'm under just about every sort of NDA in the world, so I can't talk about story details. But there is some VERY cool stuff going on. I'm really having a great amount of fun. I made my wife watch me play earlier tonight and she literally screamed five times. Pretty funny, to be honest. She was like, "Watch out behind you! Turn around! Matt, run!" Seeing as how I'm already a big pansy when it comes to this game -- I'm genuinely scared to play it alone -- her screaming was not helping!

I'll take some pics of the box for you soon. The copy Capcom sent me came with a laser print of Leon and the Chainsaw Man, a making of featurette (in which Capcom quoted me twice, which was cool), and other little goodies. Best of all, it came wrapped in a diaper with the tagline: "Don't pee your pants. (But just in case...)"

Matt
Jeg fant forresten også noen nye bilder (de er i hvert fall nye for meg)

Kilik

Lokal moderator
Virker meget lovende, spesielt at de har fikset kameraet. 9 dager igjen...

Flere nye bilder her! De ble lagt ut i går på IGN.

Gleder meg bare mer og mer til dette spillet. Bestilte det fra TBCgames i går, så forventer å ha det innen et par dager etter lanseringen i Nord-Amerika (11. januar).

kakarlsen

Høyere yrkesfaglig
Det kan jo kjapt nevnes at om man kjøper det Play-Asia, får man med en paraply...

Jeg trenger paraplyen :flau:

Opprinnelig skrevet av Psycho Mantis@04.01.2005, 05.29

Gleder meg bare mer og mer til dette spillet. Bestilte det fra TBCgames i går, så forventer å ha det innen et par dager etter lanseringen i Nord-Amerika (11. januar).
157962​
Du må slutte å legge ut slike bilder, klarer nesten ikke å styre meg lenger!
Det eneste som er så synd er at spill som dette er best om nettene, men hele neste uke er det skole.. :(

Opprinnelig skrevet av Psycho Mantis@04.01.2005, 05.29

157962​
Ringer Wolverine en bjelle? Han ligner skremmende mye. Våpnene that is.