Spillfisletråden

• Trådstarter Deleted member 91
  • Startdato
Does anyone else use Gamestop as a bank?
I got really pissed off with US Bank because I kept overdrafting my account even though I opted out, and the same thing happened with my credit union when I got a debit card.
Now whenever I get paid I go preorder a whole shitload of games. Whenever I need money, I go to the nearest gamestop and ask for my money back on a game I don't want and make a withdrawal. The lines are shorter at gamestop than at the bank and I can trade in old games and have money go straight to my savings account. Gamestops are just as prevalent as banks in my town and I work at a mall so it's even more convenient than running an errand to the bank or using an ATM and getting charged.
The gamestop people are starting to catch on that I'm just moving money around and only buying one preordered game a year, if that, but there isn't shit they can do about it. The best part is, since I always preorder every game coming out I'm still guaranteed to get all the exclusive content whether or not I'm sure I want a certain game. It's like they're rewarding me for banking with them.
Ihvertfall bedre enn å sette penga i butts eller doge. :v

Jante

privileged CIS shitlord
Day Z isn't the most difficult game to explain to people at a functional level. It is a multiplayer survival game taking place over a large area of towns and forest populated by other players and zombies. Your character needs to stay healthy, warm and well fed in order to not die, and there are provisions, items and weapons littered around which can make survival easier. However once you get past that, to the 'why' of the game, things get confusing. There is no way to win; there is no guarantee of progress, no score system, no currency. In some ways this makes it one of the most challenging and creative games ever made. Not creative in the sense of the game design, but creative in the sense of how you play it - without imagination, without ideas and goals that you create for yourself the game has nothing. The game won’t tell you what you are supposed to want and you don’t even necessarily have to want to survive.

While the game grants you a huge degree of freedom it also lacks authority and with that long term consequences for actions. There is no automated police system and near-safe zones like you’ll find in EVE: Online; there is no system that simply blocks you from doing the same bad things to players as you would do to computer controlled enemies. You have a state of nature within the limitations prescribed by the game. (There are rules beyond the game, covering things like cheating, or certain gameplay options which depend on the server you’re playing on, but they're reliant upon being caught and the game admins opting to inflict a ban. Past that you’re on your own.)

The problem with freedom in the context of Day Z is that it is inevitable that players will turn on each other. There are simply not enough compelling reasons not to. In fact a lot of the mechanics of the game are actually geared towards helping people to turn on each other in creative ways. This is where things can get unpleasant. You can handcuff people. You can break people’s legs with axes. You can force them to eat tainted food or drink bleach. These are mechanics coded into the game with the presumed intention of making the game more fun for players.
A rape in Day Z: what drives gamers to go Lord of the Flies on each other?

demake

Seksuelt godteri
Matt Lees, Quintin Smith ( <3 ), Jon Blyth ( <3333323333 ) med flere har en ny tevespillpaddekast, Daft Souls, som er verdt å sjekke ut.

Blyth er ikke med i den første episoden, men han er verdt å vente på.

Sist redigert:

Shinra85

Spillegals effort emo
Sist redigert:

Kleevah

Livsfarlig amatør
Lees er han morroklumpen fra videogamer.co.uk som mekka de E3-abridged-videoene. Han kan ha litt spesse meninger av og til, men er alltid god underholdning på podcasts. Ellers så jeg på twattern at dette nå blir en ukentlig greie, så det blir bra.

kakarlsen

Høyere yrkesfaglig
Er du dårlig i spillen, Lodin?

Yetipants

Mein Gampf
Medlem av ledelsen
Den er førtitre centimeter høy. Pluss, du veit, kunstig høy pris pga. begrenset opplag. De figurene på den sida der var jævla fine, men man må jo være både rik og teit for å bruke spenn på det.